Saturday, May 30, 2009

Up To Something

Go see Up!!  I don't care what Manohla at the NYT says, this movie is just fabulous.  Whimsical, creative, touching, and funny.  It is everything you want a Pixar movie to be.  This was the weekend to see this movie.  The theatre was packed with kids.  Kids who like to talk along with the movie.  I loved the part in the movie where a character said: "They said I was a fraud." And then the girl three seats down from me said, "A frog!?!?"  


The characters in this film were great.  Russell was just so cute and innocent.  I loved every second of him.  Including: "Tents are hard" (after his failed attempt to set up a tent...Wilderness Explorers must not learn that).  Mekado Murphy NYT (different writer) calls him "annoyingly eager."  That pretty much seals the deal for me that I really hate reading film reviews.  They are never relevant for me.  I loved this little boy and all the excitement he brought to everything he saw and did.  We should all be so into life.



Carl, the old guy, comes around to young Russell and they develop a sweet friendship.  I was totally weepy during this film.  Carl had lost his wife and is trying to get his house to Paradise Falls.  It's a struggle.
(Pictures from Pixar's website.)



 I just wanted to show off my raccoon eyes.  I never got around to sunscreen this morning. I had it in my bag, but didn't actually apply.  I did have my sunglasses on all day and I'm glad to repor that they do a great job at blocking the sun.  I hate, hate, hate sun damage and I get really mad when I let things like this happen.  I had to take this picture to remind myself in the future why I need to be diligent about sun protection, in any form.  I've also realized that very few pictures exist of me because I'm always the one taking pictures of the things I do.  I don't know how to resolve that, as I do a lot of stuff on my own.  So, until I figure that out, I'll turn the camera around every so often.

1 comment:

Kabir said...

I second to the review loved the film a lot. Highly recommended.

keep away from the sun.:)