Thursday, May 7, 2009

Steel-Cut Oats for the Busy Set

I can't even see straight these days.  Indicator: 80 emails in my combined in boxes.  Remember how I like to keep it under 30?  Not happening right now.  So, I need any strategies in the book to be efficient.  Here's a great "recipe" for steel-cut oats that I made on Monday night and have been reheating all week.  I suggest reheating for about two minutes then adding strawberries and/or bananas and cinnamon.  The steel cut oats end up with a texture that reminds me of sticky couscous but I don't mind it.

Overnight Oats:

Follow the 2 parts to one water/oats ratio. The night before you want the oatmeal, you get the water boiling. Once boiling, add the steel cut oats and let the water return to a boil for a minute or two. Turn off the heat and put a lid on the pot.

The next morning, put what you don’t want to eat in the fridge and reheat the portion that you’ll eat that day. It turns out well and makes getting out the door a little easier.

1 comment:

bec said...

TAKE CARE of easy e-mail replies immediately. Always keep your calendar on you since many e-mails require looking at it. Whenever I have my calendar on me, I find I can reply to things on the spot. Always reply to sender rather than writing a fresh e-mail, that way, when you delete the e-mail, you can always find it in your sent box. DELETE the e-mails you've taken care of immediately.