Saturday, May 9, 2009

Dreams Come True

I probably check the Internet for news about the Newport Folk Festival at least once a week.  There's been some trouble with getting the permits and the funding this year, I guess, so news has been hard to find.  I finally got something good today!  Tickets are on sale now and this year, I don't think I'll be able to choose between the two days...I'm doing both!  How could I choose between Neko Case and Gillian Welch?  Who's in?  I will be buying my two-day pass next weekend.  Any of you out there...let me know when I'll see you there (or be driving with you)!  

This is my heaven.

Newport Folk Festival lineup:

SATURDAY, AUGUST 1 ~ 11:30 am - 7:00 pm
Fort Adams State Park, Harrison Avenue

Pete Seeger, The Decemberists, Fleet Foxes, Gillian Welch, The Avett Brothers, Billy Bragg, Iron & Wine, Mavis Staples, Tom Morello: The Nightwatchman, Ramblin' Jack Elliott, Ben Kweller, The Low Anthem, Brett Dennen, Tift Merritt, Tao Rodriguez Seeger, Langhorne Slim

SUNDAY, AUGUST 2 ~ 11:30 am - 7:00 pm
Fort Adams State Park, Harrison Avenue

Pete Seeger with Judy Collins, Joan Baez, Arlo Guthrie, Neko Case, The Campbell Brothers, Josh Ritter, Elvis Perkins in Dearland, Tim Eriksen & Shape Note Singers, Del McCoury, Guy Clark, David Rawlings Machine, Deer Tick, Balfa Toujours, Dala Girls, Joe Pug

No comments: