Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pow Wow Alto


This weekend was the 38th annual Stanford Pow Wow.  I don't know much about the history of the event but people come from all over the west for this on Mother's Day Weekend.  It's probably one of the cooler weekends in my area.  There are hundreds of dancers of all ages and the ceremony of it all is beautiful.  I only got to stay for a bit during my lunch break, but I was mesmerized.  I'll have to spend a whole day there next year.  I haven't been before, but it didn't seem like the economy had too much of an effect.  The crowd was 10 deep around the dancing circle.

You can find some great pictures on Flickr, which is where I got this one.  I left my camera at home today...what was I thinking?  Thanks to ClatieK on Flickr for this one from last year's event.

No comments: