Friday, May 29, 2009

Fancy, Fancy

On Thursday, I was in charge of community building for the group.  I decided we should do a potluck breakfast and write Happy Sheets!  It was awesome, if I do say so myself.  I brought a full bag of Menlo Park cherries and they were almost all gone by the end of the day.  We were aided by Howard's whipped cream trifecta: plain, vanilla, and amaretto.  I probably ate half of the cherries, mostly dunked in cream.


The group assembling.  DC is the only one responding to my request for smiles.


Here's Ernie.  He loves to eat and be cheesy.  It was also orange shirt day, unbeknownst to most of us.  Three faculty wore orange sports shirts (Durham Bulls, Bucknell Lacrosse, and Texas Longhorns).  I didn't get the memo.

We have a senior at our school who is a film maker.  He has done some awesome stuff, including an amazing zombie film starring all the senior teachers during Winter Intersession.  For this intersession, he is putting together a senior video for graduation.  Each mentor group was filmed for the video and on Thursday, it was time for the mentors to get involved.  The mentor groups each filmed at fun locations: at a small airport with a private plane, roller rink, trampoline place (not sure what this is), a yacht, etc.  I think they are trying to go all "I'm On A Boat" style for this.  The mentors (that's me) were told to wear formal wear for our shoot.


JMac...looking pretty from the neck up.  She was in on the orange shirt day.  In high school, her parents said she'd never be able to eat everything with chopsticks.  She's been proving them wrong for about 15 years now.


I am very serious about this Happy Sheet.  A Happy Sheet, a la Chewonki, is basically like a yearbook page that everyone signs at the end of the year.  I totally love them.  I am trying not to be obsessed with my smaller right eye.  Can I get that fixed?  This picture makes me think of Rushmore.  I don't know why.


Diego looking sharp for the shoot.


We did a lot of fierce walking.

 A lot.

We had a lot of fun shooting.  Only two weeks until graduation.  I can't wait.  I won't be wearing mascara that day, because I'm going to be a sobbing mess watching my mentees graduate.  Oh, and I bought mascara for the first time in my life for this shoot.  For the record, I'm almost 29.

2 comments:

Bec said...

Didn't even notice the eye until I read it - I think everyone has that in photos,right?

jan said...

I really think you need to do something about your bigger left eye. Seriously.