Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pitty Party!

[Updated: I realized I could  do more with the post title, so I did.]

I resisted all urge to tag Dorian and Marge's garage with cherries as spraypaint today, like I did back when I was 12 or so to Grandma's house.  First rule of grafitti...never use your own name.  That's the lesson I learned back then in Colorado.  Actually, I learned that you probably shouldn't tag someone's house, even if it was only cherries because it's just not a nice thing to do.

This evening, I headed off to Dorian and Marge's house for an annual cherry picking weekend.  So far, they have about 75 pounds off the tree.  They were also showing each of the Terminator movies, one per night.  I got there around 6:30 and there were a bunch of people hard at work on the tree.  What's crazy is that it is just one tree.  Soon, it was just me with the tree and I got to work.  I packed up two large Ziplocs, while chatting with Marge about teaching and kids, and decided that I couldn't eat much more than that.  Now, I need to figure out what to do with these.  A good chunk will be in my stomach this week, but as someone said to me tonight, "Your intestines can only take so much."

I totally forgot to take pictures, despite purposefully having my camera.  So, I took a picture as soon as I got home, just after 10pm.  Here I am,  fresh off the bike, with my bounty.  Here I am, trying not to look too nerdy, but I don't think I met success on that front.

1 comment:

Bec said...

I'll send you some cherry recipes I ended up liking when I had the cherry tree in Davis... I have to admit, though, I realized that I am no big fan of cooked cherries... gotta be raw.

Crazy how many cherries on one tree, eh? G;ad you went!