Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What Comes Before Block Part B?


Block Partayyyy!
(Maybe you have to say it out loud to get the joke, I don't know.)


Took the Xtracycle down to Santa Cruz Ave (aka "The Main Drag") for the Block Party. So many people were out and there was a lot going on.

There were bands,


bubbles,



and Old Tom.

The event is to promote Menlo Park businesses and to encourage people to Shop Local. I try to do a lot of that, when I can, and I met a lot of cool people tonight. The Green Menlo Park people, the Historical Society people, and the Sustainable Menlo Park people. All eyes were on the Xtracycle though. I talked to a lot of people about the bike and why I love it. I also talked to someone about programs around here that encourage kids to bike ride to school. So awesome!

There's another block party on August 12th and I'll make sure to be there to try some yummy food and spin the chance wheels to win some stuff. Overall, it was fun and it makes me proud to be a part of this cute community.




1 comment:

Ali said...

Fun, fun and more fun. The last few posts have been so fun to read and I just wish I could have tagged along on some of your nature adventures. The weather looks great, and the scenery isn't too bad, either. I loved the picture of you and Bec on the bikes. I can totally hear you girls chatting it up on the ride. Sorry about the road rash! But bike injuries have the best war stories. Miss you! Good luck on the half domeness tomorrow. Oh, and I totally go the block partaaay joke. :) I actually just imagined bec saying "partaaay." (But of course throwing in an f-bomb in front)