Monday, June 29, 2009

Subtlety

I love subtlety. I don't love spelling that word, but I do love subtle humor, subtle genius, subtle compassion, and the like.

This week's winner of the "Did Anyone Else Pick Up On That?!?!" Award goes to this American Life. This weekend, the show, "Fall Guy" was in four acts. The act titles were: Beat It, Be Careful Who You Love, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough, and Man In The Mirror. It boggles my mind that the staff was able to find famous MJ songs that went with each of their stories on such short notice. Maybe that's just the genius of MJ. I wonder what the stories were to be called originally.

I highly recommend this episode for lots of reasons...one of them being the prevalence of Massachusetts accents. Including Mike Burbiglia, who went to St. John's (Shrews.) and can pronounce Milford like a pro. Mil-fud is the proper way to say it, in case you weren't sure.

No comments: