Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cali = Fun

Ahhh...summer vacation sure is fun. I'll try to give you today's highlights and let you know about the next adventures quickly...so I can get to sleep!
I worked today and around lunchtime, I saw my friend Edo trying to stuff boxes into a backpack so he could run to the PO. I asked, "Why don't you take my xtracycle? And why don't I ride on the back?" And then, the fun began.


Here's Edo sizing up the ride. Yeah, that box would have been much more awkward on his back.


We are ready. I decided that I should wait until we were pointed at the PO before I got on the back. Not in this picture: the sticker I put on my chest with our store's name. Just in case I fell off, I thought it would help people return me to some people that could assist further.

Edo proved to be a great driver. He got the rig going with me on the back with no trouble. I, on the other hand, almost killed us when I tried to drive with him on the back. Seriously...I was wobbling between parked cars on my right and moving cars on my left, without much room to breathe. I tried to drive for about a block, which was actually more of me and Edo "Fred Flintstoning" it down the street. Then I let Edo drive back to work. It's just safer that way.

This evening, I saw "The Hangover." Funny movie, not too inappropriate, but probably not something I'd pay to watch again. Ed Helms is just hilarious, so I'd watch it again to see him. Some of the things that come out of his mouth is this movie are just priceless (and not repeatable).

Next Steps:
I bought some books today about hiking around here. Then, after consulting with Bec, here's my plan. I'll make sure to check in with someone (most likely Bec) each night to confirm my safety.
Tuesday: Drive up to Point Reyes and hike around Tomales Bay. Drive back to Bec's for the evening?
Wednesday: Bec and I will play on Angel Island on foot and two wheels and perhaps just have some good SF time. I'm hoping for a clear day.
Thursday: Drive to Yosemite. Hang around/bike around/have fun in the valley.
Friday: Attempt Half Dome Summit. I have no desire to complete this if it's pushing the line between safe and dangerous, but I will be out on the trail at dawn on Friday, enjoying the fresh air.
Saturday: ?? I might stay in Yosemite for half a day or I might just hang in The 'Lo. Either way, there's a drumline competition at Stanford that night, and I will be there.
Sunday: Back to work. Yippee!

No comments: