Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Is This The Straw?

I can't tell when I'm going to throw up my hands and figure out how to travel without checking bags.  One of my bags was lost again.  More than 12 hours later, it has not been located.  I was not on tight connections and I didn't leave the country.  It has presents in it as well as all my regular clothes.  What I do have: my running shoes, underwear, toiletries and three pair of running tights.  

But, when you're traveling to a cold climate for two weeks and expect to exercise for two weeks, it's tough to fit everything in the carry on.  I was fine yesterday when they told me to expect it today.  But, when it got to be 3pm with no word, I called to have someone tell me that after five days, I would have to submit a settlement.  Whoa!  Lots of optimism on her end.  

This is the second time this year that this particular bag has been lost.  That's two out of six times that I've traveled with it.  I wonder what they would say if I took it back to Patagonia and told them it was cursed.  I bet they would take it back.  I do kind of like the bag.  It's a cool color...that's really what I like about it.  It's a weird doctor bag style, that is awkward to lift, which is probably why it gets delayed.  It's too annoying to get off the belt.

I'm not sure if I can go in only a carry-on in the winter, but I probably will be more thougtful about what I wear on the plane next time.  I wore my old field hockey hooded sweatshirt because it keeps me warm.  However, it's not the greatest looking item of clothing in the world.  And it looks like I'm going to be wearing it for a few days. 

Joy to the World!

No comments: