Monday, December 8, 2008

Alas, Five is More Than Two

I'll make a long story short and just tell you that the Everest School petition was denied tonight, by a vote of 5-2 by the San Mateo County Board of Education.

I am quite disappointed in what I see as a passive aggressive arguments and conversations that had little substance on the part of the county board members.  Some of them asked questions as if they had never talked about this concept before (which is entirely possible...they are just board members in their spare time), but the vote was quick and quite meek.  We could barely hear them voting.

I'll make the short story long sometime this week.  It's a doozie!  I'm so proud of my school and my students.  We are fighting the good fight and thinking about students first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh - school politics is just the worst. It always seems like the best for our kids doesn't end up happening when it's left to measures like this. I am so sorry to hear this.