Friday, December 19, 2008

All The Roadrunning

I'm having blog deja vu.  I feel as though I've used this post title before.  I am about to fall asleep, even though I should be on a plane right now.  My flight back east was canceled and I can't get out of here until Monday.  Needless to say, I'm upset about this.  I was really excited to be at my mom's for Chanukah (the odds are not in my favor for the holiday to occur over my break) and the Solstice.  And it's always a scramble to try to see everyone, and now I have three fewer days. I was home for a month this summer and didn't get to see everyone!  Sigh...

Today I was up at 4am to put in my long run.  Given that I was supposed to take the red eye home, I figured that I would get the best run in if I did it before the flight, rather than trying to do it on Saturday or Sunday,when I'd be tired and less motivated and colder.  So, 10 miles in Mizunos and then 10 miles in Specializeds.  I'd say that's a pretty good day, but my legs are sore.  It has been rainy out here and this morning, I was the poster child for why you should have fenders on your bike.  I don't, and I was a disaster by the time I got to school.  I probably should be a little more embarrassed about it as I waltz into school with a completely soaked behind.  And my office mates probably don't love that I have to hang my cycling clothes around to dry out.  But soon, these problems will be over.  I'm sad to be hanging up the bike shoes while I'm home, but excited to attempt to be car free on school days during January.  So far, I've kept over 70 miles off my car in just the past 10 days.  So, these extra days in California will just be more opportunities to get on the bike and keep the miles off the car.

My neighborhood bike store is Menlo Velo Bicycles.  When I type this into my browser, I see "Men Love Lo Bicycles."  I needed that laugh.

I'm on vacation.  Pat Bagg is singing to me...

No comments: