Saturday, November 1, 2008

Dor L'Dor and Door to Door

In Hebrew, dor l'dor means "from generation to generation."  I thought of this phrase today as I drove to the Obama office and listened to a message from my mom.  She was on her way to Dorchester to the Obama office there and my grandmother was out canvassing door to door for Obama in Florida.  Three generations campaigning as hard as we can on this last Saturday before the election.

I am not in Reno going door to door as I had planned...I never received confirmation or directions and Palo Alto just needed me more.  We are given the task to make 220,000 in these last four days.  I started my day by running around in the pouring rain from store to store looking for thousands of earplugs.  I found 1000 atHome Depot, my third stop.  I ran the plugs into the office around 11 am and it was busting at the seams...more than 100 people in our small little space.  I gave someone the earplugs and ran out again to have breakfast with Bec and Adam.  About 20 minutes after I arrived back at the office, I was asked to go to a local church and set up a phone banking site there.  That's how busy were were...we had filled up the 100ish seats in the office, the 15 seats at Happy Donuts (which everyone keeps calling Dunkin' Donuts, which drives me a bit mad), and the 35 seats at Celia's Cantina.  We called Florida, Colorado (including one Dudley in Denver), Florida again, Wisconsin, New Mexico, and Nevada for a total of 55,000 calls!  Yesterday we hit our office high of 15,000 and we were pumped, which makes today was a whirlwind for all of us.  Thank goodness for falling back.

Back for more tomorrow!

No comments: