Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday, Sunday

Today started off very ambitious.  Within the first three hours of my day, I had made pancakes, butternut squash soup (a la Sharon) and Kentucky Bourbon Sweet Potatoes, crusted with pecans.  
I caught up on lost of NPR podcasts and while it took him 7 years, Tom Brokaw finally redeemed himself to me.  He was pretty good on "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" today and that may have made the difference.  Some of you may remember that back in college, I threw my remote across the room in a rage, after listening to Tom Brokaw for way too many hours during September 2001.  Within a week of this outburst, I received an email announcement that Brokaw would be speaking at my graduation.  That was almost too much for me to take.  However, years without watching much television has helped me get over the aural pain I suffered back then.  And Brokaw telling the presidential candidates to get out of the way in the second debate, his job on Meet The Press, and now his humor on WWDTM may have fully repaired our relationship.

Today is Leah's birthday!  She's 24!  I'm pretty bummed because I didn't get to talk to her.  I think it's a bit of pre-Thanksgiving blues and the expectation that I'll be really missing my family that's sneaking up on me.

I brought the potatoes over to my graduate school supervisor's house for a little math teacher get together.  I was the most senior of the group, having finished STEP in '03, but I impressed the youngins with some sweet potatoes.

I finished the day by cleaning up my digital camera.  Look for some old pictures to be posted online soon...Maker Faire, Yosemite, and more!

1 comment:

sharon said...

Yay for squash soup! I'm quite impressed with your morning culinary ambition.