Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Now What?

After not seeing my name on Obama's transition team and having two students crying to me today over errors in judgment, I couldn't help but wonder what I was doing with myself now that the election is over.  Sure, I was going to be really depressed with an Obama defeat, but it's still a big downer to have to teach sine and cosine when there's so much more to be done in the world.  Not that my job is trivial, but sine and cosine?  On top of it all, many of us (approximately 48%) here in California are sad today as it looks like Prop 8 passed, which will ban gay marriage here.  This comes after our Supreme Court ruled that there would be no such discrimination in this state last spring.  Now lawsuits will send this vote back to the state Supreme Court.  Rainbow flags were at half mast today in San Francisco.  

So, now I feel the need to find my next act.  Today, it felt like my path might diverge in the near future to something else, but tomorrow is another day.  If anyone thinks of some brilliant way to keep this wave going, I'm all ears. 

P.S. Only one county in New England went red for prez (Piscataquis).  And Tahoe is still blue too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

www.keepfightingprop8.ning.com