Monday, November 24, 2008

Longing For Newport

iTunes just made available some tracks from a live show that Brandi Carlile did in Boston.  Among these is a great cover of "Folsom Prison Blues."  This take is just as good as what she did in Newport this summer.  That same energy is there.

Now if only Gillian would put out a record of all the great new songs she played (and the cover of "Jackson") and my Newport playlist would be recreated to my liking.

I'm over the election phase I guess.  Filling the void: men, women, and their guitars.  This morning, while wailing along to "You've Got Growin Up To Do" in my car, I thought I should learn to play the guitar.  Then I tried to figure out when I'd have time to do that.  I didn't get too far...so I'm content to just sing along, at the top of my lungs, for now.

Brandi, Joshua, Lucinda, Bobby...when are you coming to SF?  And not the Fillmore...I hear that people smoke in there.

No comments: