Monday, November 3, 2008

Two More Days

The candidates have one, but as volunteers, we have two.  Tuesday will be just as busy as this weekend as we try to make sure that everyone has voted.

It's bittersweet, seeing all this come to an end.  Of course, I can't wait to go to bed at my normal time and to be able to better prepare for my day job, but I will miss everyone at the office very much.  Yesterday, we made over 72,000 calls to Nevavda, North Carolina, Ohio, and Colorado.  That's like calling all of Orange County.  And today, we get to do it all again.  I'll be at school today, but I'll head to the office to close up this evening.  I've been there every day for three weeks, as much to help Barack as to be with my Obama family there, and it's hard to imagine not going there after work every day.  I hope I can take the day off tomorrow so I can just enjoy every last moment working on this campaign.

Here are some great pictures taken by Curt.  It's amazing for me to look at these and realize how many people I've worked with, trained, and met while being a part of this movement.  They have all made living in California so much better.  It's like have gained a whole slew of aunts and uncles who help take care of me and look out for me too.

Here's a great video of Bobby Kennedy's widow and son.


The funniest thing that happened yesterday was when one of my callers handed in her sheet and said, "This phone number, here, for Ted...it's a dog.  Someone put their dog in the phonebook.  How do I mark that?"  Ah Ohio...

No comments: