Wednesday, November 19, 2008

There's a Hole

There's a great Bob Dylan song called "Heartland" that Willie Nelson sings wonderfully.  The song is at once both beautiful and melancholy.  And, as most Bob Dylan songs, it is oh so true.

This picture that I took in Boston this summer reminds me of "Heartland."  A few lines: 
There's a big achin' hole in my chest now where my heart was
And a hole in the sky where God used to be


"Heartland" is an apt song for me right now, as is "Learning How To Live," from Lucinda Williams's great "West" album.  These are both how-to-deal-with-real-life kind of songs.  I'm trying to move past these and "One of Those Days" from Joshua Radin to channel his "Brand New Day" and stay very clear of "I'd Rather Be With You."  Trying...

2 comments:

samkay64 said...

Ooh, I am going to listen to all of these songs!

Amy said...

Great list of songs! Have you gotten LW's Little Honey yet? I have heard excellent things!