Friday, October 24, 2008

Week In Review

The Half Marathon was disappointing.  I ran well for the first half and then it just went...well, uphill in terms of the course, downhill in terms of my goals.  I'm trying to move on

I've spend every day of the last week at the Obama office.  I'm lacking sleep but so excited.  I made over 150 calls and spoke to one woman tonight who couldn't stop thanking me for volunteering and reminded me to stay positive.  She really lifted my spirits.  Apparently, tomorrow we're going to start calling multiple states.  We've called over 200,000 people since the beginning of September and HQ wants us to call 100,000 in the next 10 days.  We called over 9,000 tonight, so maybe it's possible.
 
Matagonia called me and left a message.  ?????  Is some mastermind trying to see how tortured I can be this month?

I could be injured.  I did something to my foot such that it hurts when I walk and stand on it.  Hmmm...that eliminates most activity.  I'm icing it right now and I think I'm going to skip my long run this weekend and hope that I can run on Monday.  I did have two great runs this week...felt fast and strong without working too hard.

My students rocked the Unit Circle.  Over 70% have completed it perfectly this week.  I pushed them to learn it in less time than last year and they stepped up.  They've been super chatty and I got as mad at some kids as I've been in years for their various violations of norms, saying, "You are exhibiting exactly zero of our core characteristics."

Three day weekend!

2 comments:

Chris Bagg said...

Hey, what kind of foot pain? I'm dealing with some platar fasciitis (sp?) and it's pretty nasty if you don't take care of it quickly (lots of ice and PAINFUL massage). Does your heel/arch hurt/

Sorry that the 1/2 marathon didn't go well :(. Hills can do a # on your plans. Hope you're well, L, C.

samkay64 said...

Could you tell me a little more about Unit Circle?