Sunday, October 5, 2008

One Thing I Don't Want To Do Early

So, in many states, you can vote early.  This is different than an absentee ballot.  Voting early is just like voting on Election Day, but may not be at your regular polling station.  I don't know about you, but I love going to the polls on Election Day.  I guess if I was definitely out of town or working the polls all day, I would vote early, but I'm really excited to be one of the first in line on Nov 4.  But, I guess that there are fewer disenfranchisement problems when people vote early as the polls are less crowded.  Sigh...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you in that I love going on voting day with everyone else. I feel part of my community and although I never end up having conersations with anyone, I feel like we all "get" it is our civic duty. It gives me hope.

Chris Bagg said...

You always like to be first in line, Ms. Whole Enchilada #0002.

Rock on. This isn't really the place for me to comment on your comment on my post, but it was good to hear about not suffering=a good race. I think I've been in the cycling world too long, where suffering=success.

In terms of voting, I just hope that I'll be registered by Oct. 13. L, C.