Sunday, January 13, 2008

What's the Opposite of Jean Therapy

Today I set out to find a new pair of jeans. I have a nice pair that I really like, but I only have the one pair that I like to wear. That's not enough in a month when you wear jeans every day. And let's compare to some people reading this blog who have dozens of jeans (or at least half a dozen).

Anyway, I'm never able to find a good pair of jeans. So Bec and I went to Union Street in SF to try to get it done. No luck! I found some jeans that were half good (like the legs were good but the rise was too low or the rise was good but the length was wrong...we were close). Most jeans nowadays just don't come up high enough on my body. I'm tall...the parts of my body are just more spread out than the average person, so a jean that comes to a reasonable place on a normal person's body barely gets above my underwear if at all. And other than every person working in the stores trying to put me in a waist size one inch too small, it was fun to try on some cute jeans. One guy said (now imagine a guy named Guy with an Israeli accent), "I know you're looking for something you could wear to school, but when you're ready for something sexy to go out in, come see me. I'll take care of you."

Day 8 of the cleanse is done and it's "too easy" as I used to say. Only two days left. My tongue is gross and scuzzy and my teeth never feel clean, but I'm sure my colon is just singing its praises.

And did you know that the word "mora" (however spelled) means teacher in Hebrew. I did know this at some point, but forgot. I'm glad Guy reminded me.

3 comments:

samkay64 said...

A well-timed post. My one pair of jeans is getting a little soft in the seat and I'm just crossing my fingers that I can go another two months without an emergency jean- shopping trip!

Having cute jeans is awesome, but shopping for cute jeans is awful. Good luck!

Chris Bagg said...

I buy one pair of jeans and wear it (them? weird) every day until a hole in the crotch develops. Every pair of jeans does this. I approve of the single jean theory.

jan said...

Totally veering off course [and being of the age that mom jeans and mom genes become an embarrassing issue] I am about ready to find out my haplogroup from the National Geographic genographic project. Those genes may not fit well either but there is no taking them off and trying on another pair.