Sunday, January 13, 2008

Summertime!

It's amazing how early teachers start thinking about summer. I'm doing it now and having the opportunity for something different in the summer is one of the cooler things about being a teacher. You get two months every year to re-invent yourself every year, if you want. In the past, I've done camp, I've taken a hard-core math course at BU and rode and rowed like crazy, and last year I traveled quite a bit and moved across the country. It's always been two months of cool stuff.

So, what to do this year? I've thought about spending in it New England and getting my fix of fun and friends. I also might have the opportunity to go to Central America for a few weeks with some students. I'm also craving a hard-core road trip to see more of this country--hike some more 14,000 foot peaks in Colorado, get to the Badlands, and experience the small towns of the West. There's a long list of people I want some time with, so regardless, I think it will be jam packed. I think most of you know how much I love teaching and I am so appreciative to have the summer break to refresh and get excited about the next year with the kids. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: