Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What Would Michael Pollan Say?

I am reading "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan. He talks a lot about the history of nutritionism in our country (people telling us what to eat) and makes his case for what we should be eating.

As part of my daily routine, I check the A's website every morning to see when opening day tickets (against the Red Sox) will go on sale. Today, I ran across "All You Can Eat Seating." This is straight from the A's website:

"Hungry fans may purchase a $35 game ticket for unlimited All-You-Can-Eat items. These items include hot dogs, nachos, peanuts, popcorn, soda and ice cream. Sections 316, 317 and 318 are available to fans on an individual game, group ticket and season ticket basis. All-You-Can-Eat items are available when the gates open through the end of the 7th inning."

Sometimes I just don't even know what to say. I'll start with: are they at least all-beef hot dogs?

2 comments:

Eric Heintz said...

You should also read Pollan's The Omnivore's Dilemma. Thick, but good. Also, Survival of the Sickest--one of my favorites. (In your spare time that is). Miss you! Hope your day with OJ is going well.

Eric Heintz said...

Okay, so the post says "Mr Eric." Eric did not post that! Obvi he is logged into our home computer, and it got published under his name. Sorry! (Ali)