Monday, January 21, 2008

The Kids Love Their Physics!



Sorry for the delay in posting these. Here are some shots from December when my students made Rube Goldberg machines. They totally love physics because they get to do things like this every once in a while. I liked the machine in the first picture because it recycled a piece of paper in the recycle bin. Perfect!

I was reminded of this project on Saturday when I listened to my favorite "This American Life" episode: 20 Acts in 60 Minutes. Ira Glass tells a story of the Chicago Vienna Sausage Company...the original facility was a bunch of buildings that were bought over time and "put together in a Rube Goldberg kind of arrangement." I love that my students would understand that reference. Except maybe on of them who thinks it's a Rude Goldberg machine. Oh well.

No comments: