Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day 3 of Detox

Started the day with traffic court (after the salt water flush of course). I got my first ticket for going right on red when I wasn't supposed too. Boo! Apparently there were three signs and cops sitting right there. I was distracted because I was going to run the route later and wanted to see if there were sidewalks the whole way. So, I got a ticket, decided to go to court...pled guilty and got the ticket reduced by about $65. Not too bad. I still have to go to traffic school. There are so many to choose from including: Traffic School With Interactive Games, Happy Traffic School, Comedy Traffic School.com, Fun 4U-Fast 2 (I guess that's a traffic school), California Jammin Traffic School, Lettuce Amuse U Comedy Schools Inc, Comedy For Less Traffic School, Pizza 4U - Great Comedians (again...this is a traffic school?). Anyway, I'll try to knock that out this week. I think I'll choose the one that's only $15.

Day 3 of the detox is going okay. It's a gray day here...and that always puts my brain in a fog. So, I have a headache and backache. I'm not sure what's associated with the cleanse. I think the backache is from a night of not so great sleep. There's just a lot in my brain. I've been pounding the lemonade though...it's growing on me.

School is fun right now. We are in intersession. For the kids that means that they are taking their electives (musical theater, SAT prep, Art, Guitar, Photography, etc.). For the teachers intersession means that we're doing lots of professional development. Four weeks of it! So far we just have two days of grading our finals and we'll start the good stuff tomorrow. The cool part is that it's all planned and run by the faculty. I wasn't involved in the planning this year, as I kind of felt like there was a lot on my plate, but I'm sure I will be involved in the future. As I sit in my office, I can hear All That Jazz and Rapper's Delight playing and can see kids dancing and clapping...the makings of a good musical I'm sure. So, it's a bit noisier than usual around here, but it's cool to see the kids having a good time.

That's the scoop for now.

2 comments:

samkay64 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
samkay64 said...

Oops.

I totally read "art" and "guitar" of your examples of electives as "air guitar." Niiiice.