Monday, April 27, 2009

Sixty-six

That's my number for the marathon!  #66.  Of course, I immediately thought of all the cool things about it.  6*11 is pretty good, as 6 is a perfect number and 11 is a prime.  It's in a song and used to be on a map.  66 is also a triangular number, or a "bowling pin number" as my colleague says.  That means that you can make a perfect pyramid or bowling set up with 66 people or pins.  That is sweet.  I also love the two digit number...I've never had one in a race as big as this.  Actually, I don't really know how big this race is.  Last year, 1742.  In 2007, 1498 finished.  So, it's a small, bitty race.  Actually, I thought it was bigger...maybe 4000 or so.  I think it will be closer to 2500 or 3000 as there are 7000 participants in the half, full, and 5K.  I'm totally content to run a small quaint race.  More post-race food for me!

Apparently, you can go to the marathon homepage to track me on race day.  Eugenemarathon.com

I'm getting nervous.  And sick...I'm going to try to heal myself right now.  Feed a cold?  I'll pretend that's the saying...

No comments: