Sunday, April 12, 2009

Beach Games

What if my boss was like Michael Scott from "The Office? These days, I have two bosses: my school boss (TD) and my weekend boss (JD).  Today, the weekend job gang was having a beach BBQ as we are closed on Easter.  Of course, I was in.  After the miserable gloom of Saturday in Boston (40 and rainy), the Pacific was calling my name.  My students don't need graded papers, do they?  Now, would it be like that episode of "The Office" where our boss had us play games to figure out who would get certain positions on staff?  Well, I think she wanted us to compete by running and going in the water, but it was chill-ay!  It was a beautiful day in my neighborhood, but as soon as you go over the hills, that's where the cold air hides.

Here is the scene from Half Moon Bay:


Here's Ms. JD, so proud of the hole she dug for the grill.  This is when the sun was still out.

Here's JD's soon to be hubby.  He was our grill master!  He is also proud of his grill hole.  You need to put your grill in a hole in order to keep the wind from spoiling all the fun.  You can see how much clothing was needed eventually.


JR...fresh off his lent of no meet.  The open faced double patty.  Mmmmmm...  JD's burgers were darn good.  I had two myself.  But not at the same time.

I don't have pictures of AP's dog, that she put in a jacket, so as to look human, so as to fool the Park Rangers, who don't want dogs on the beach.  I did request that next time, she have one of these on hand (click on the picture to go to the website):

Yay for coastal living!

No comments: