Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pep Talk

One of my favorite bloggers-I-don't-know-personally likes to give her legs pep talks before big races.  It works for her, so I'm going to try it.

Me: Hey legs.  I know you ladies are tuckered out from all the running and biking, driving a stick shift, and teaching all day.  But, we're almost there...and then you can have a big long break (of about 2 weeks).

Legs: Yeah, you're working us pretty hard...but what happened to all the running lately?

Me: About that...I'm tapering you silly girls!  Letting you acclimate to the training, recover, and get ready for the big day.  Where were you when I was reaing those running books and magazines?

Legs: It's dark under the covers...and we can't read.  Double whammy!

Me: So, are you ready for Sunday?  Knee...are you going to stop being so fussy?  You're the main reason I haven't been running so much lately.

Knee: Who me?  If you want fussy, I can show you fussy!  Why I ougta...

Me: Alright, just calm down.  We're all friends here.

Knee: Calmer than you are.

Me: This conversation seems to have deteriorated.  We've got 26.2 on Sunday and we have to work together on this one.  And it's going to be cold and rainy and...challenging to say the least.  

Legs: We got it, Duds!  Don't worry about it.  Go to sleep, already.  We'll all be just fine.  Now are you going to cover us up in pants on Sunday or do we get to have a view of this thing we're doing?

Me: Pushy, pushy.  We'll see if you two can behave between now and then.  Good niiiight...

2 comments:

Bec said...

You're so cute :)

samkay64 said...

Next time you have this pep talk you should consider drawing faces on your knees. Wait, would that be weird?