Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April Tunes

Here is the latest batch of songs that have been in my ears in the last month.  Of course, I had to include some new Dylan, and I chose the songs that have more mainstream appeal from the new album.  Songs 1, 2, and 4 come from listening to the KEXP Song of the Day while 7 came from the Dinner Party Download.  "The Funeral" and "After Hours" were the soundtrack to some recent YouTube videos I saw, probably with bikes in them.  Songs 8-13 have been on recent episodes of "Scrubs," some of them were new to me while the DCFC and Radin are favorites of mine (especially when one of my students strums the former on his guitar).  I also really liked this version of Hey Ya...it almost seems like a love song.  And, however many years after seeing Elizabethtown and loving the version of "Same In Any Language" from the close credits, it is finally available for purchase as a single.  It's listed as being performed by a band called Ruckus, which I believe is just the name of the band in the movie, played by the My Morning Jacket guys.  The other songs...who knows where I came across them, but I hope you find something you like.

2 comments:

LD9 said...

i have a few OCMS albums- it's going to be your lucky weekend!

JPH said...

I just got an iphone (gasp) which is making my music purchasing even OOC-- my recent fave: Sometime After Midnight by Airborne Toxic Event. Ch, Ch, Check it out :)