Saturday, April 25, 2009

Iowa or Bust!

Today, I got to dress up a window at my weekend job.  We had one male mannequin with his shoulder bag all packed that we pulled from the floor to put in the window.  From there, we decided we would make a traveling scene.  My boss asked me to grab a female mannequin from the back.  Immediately, I decided I would ignore her request, and make it a scene two men who were going a-travelin'.  Lucky for me, there was only a male mannequin in the back, so my dream would come true.  

We brought the already dressed-for-travel guy up front and started dressing  his partner.  I decided they would be traveling to Iowa to get married, so I layered him in a blue shirt, one of our brand new button up shirts (that I love), and put one of our oldest vintage vests on him.  I'm not sure what he was borrowing, but I was pretty proud of myself.

I like to think that I was going along with my two new friends to be their witness.  Yay progress!

1 comment:

samkay64 said...

Love it, love it, love it!