Sunday, April 12, 2009

Charles River Dreamin'


When I was home last week, I went into Boston to have lunch with JP (yay) and see my favorite sites.  I went to Boston Common, my old Whole Foods (for some delectable chocolate caramel matzah that they do for Passover), and my old/new boathouse.

We used to row out of an ice rink (that is empty when it gets warm).  A bunch of years back, the club started raising money for their own boathouse.  It's finally done and already in use.  If there's one thing that will get me back to Boston in a hurry, it's the lure of CRI.  I miss being on the water


The view looking east-ish, towards Cambridge.  Look at the dock!  Look at that launch!


The boat storage.  This is the entire first floor of the building with huge doors that open up on either side to get the boats in an out.

The other boat storage.  this one is a glass building.  So pretty.

We/they finally have the fake dogs for the docks so the geese don't make a mess everywhere.  That's legit.  I think I can say "we" as it's one of the organizations that I continue to support every year. 


Ahhh...this place is cool.  It reminds me a lot of the ark at Congregation B'nai Shalom (anyone?).  If their membership doesn't go up once people see this, then that's just crazy!

No comments: