Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday The 13th

Woke up one hour late (did not hear my alarm at 4am or 4:30).
Got to school 25 minutes before first period (had to sqeeze in a long-ish run, shower, breakfast, and bike ride).  Had to stop sweating, remember what I needed to teach today and set up a junior class meeting.
Taught the wrong lesson (I switched yesterday & today...good thing it doesn't matter)
We had a crazy kind of schedule today (in order to do a 3-more-weeks-finish-strong-pep-talk) so i never knew when the periods ended.  And when I thought it was time for 4th period, it was really lunch.
I found out I had to sub 5th period while I was teaching 2nd period.
I tried to go into my office, apparently hadn't opened the door wide enough, and walked into the door...in front of a whole class of 9th graders
I was going in my office later on and somehow, I knocked a clock down from the wall above me.  It just narrowly missed my head.  Again, this in front of a whole class of 9th graders.
I remembered some more files that I lost in my hard drive FAIL and got really sad.

Thank goodness for Adam Samberg videos.  And my students teaching me "FTW" means in texting and what the skanky leg dance is.  Well, maybe I didn't need to know that last one.  Oh, and ran wicked fast this morning...and I wasn't even trying.  So, it's not all bad.

1 comment:

Bec said...

FTW =
eff the world
freak the weak
fun this week
forget the word
fribble my wibble

you got me!