Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Catch Up!

My mom emailed to ask me what would be on the iPod for the race.  Actually, I never race with an iPod.  Well, one time I wore it on my arm because I ran to a race, raced it, then ran to work.  But it is true that I do not listen to music while I race.  Honestly, I only started listening to my iPod while I run because the YMCA had no music at all...which was great, except the drone of treadmills could drive someone insane.  I stuck with the iPod because I have so many cool podcasts to listen to.

I do have about 18 hours in the car this weekend.  On Friday, I'll be driving to Medford, OR (which is about 6 hours away).  Then on Saturday, I'll finish the trip with 3 hours to Eugene.  Here's some of what I'll be listening to.

The New Bob Dylan CD!  On first listen, I really like it.  I'll comment more at a later date and when I've listened a few more times.

Dinner Party Download - This is a new podcast for me.  It is basically 15 minutes of interesting tidbits that could win you friends at your "weekly dinner party."  Who goes to a dinner party every week?  I'm sure some people do, but I'll lucky to get one every year.  This is a fun podcast...there's a joke, a song at the end, and it is truly interesting stuff.

The Dirtbag Diaries!  There's a new episode!  I might give in and listen on my easy run tomorrow, but I'd love to save it for the ride.

Fresh Air - I'm really bad about keeping up with this podcast.  I don't save every episode, but 

On Point - You know how I love this one.

Slate Political Gabfest - This makes every Friday a lot better.

Stuff You Should Know - This is another fun podcast.  I learned about living off the grid and how junk mail works today.  Both depressed me.  I want to like the sister podcast Stuff You Missed In History Class, but I just can't listen to the women who do that one.  

On the way home, I'll probably have my sister with me.  I'm sure we'll catch up on Wait Wait..., This American Life, and the NPR live concerts of Neko Case, Avett Brothers, Mates of State, Blind Pilot, and The Decemberists.

1 comment:

samkay64 said...

Have so much fun in Oregon.

I love that you're going to listen to some Oregon bands with your sister on the way home. Perfect.

I hope I'm near a computer when you run b/c it would be so fun to follow you online!