Thursday, April 2, 2009

Blown Away

It is darn windy here today.  My laundry was blown all around the yard.  We had to play Apples to Apples inside at lunch (we had 10 teachers playing!).  My bike rides were very hard.  My legs are tired from working so hard.

I told by bike obsessed mentee that I wanted advice on buying a fixie.  Next thing I know, I have a Google Doc of every part I should get with price and website.  How sweet is that?

My school will not have to make any staffing cuts for the next year.  Whew!  No cost of living increase, but the state of California is not including one in their distributions to school, so 

My California refund came today!  I never thought I'd see the day.

Can interests rates get any lower?  I'm getting 1.5% on my savings while still paying 3.8% on my school loans.  Gross!

And a few fun links for you...

1. Heads up guys and gals, this Saturday (April 4th) is World Pillow Fight Day! It’s a great and fun way to release and relieve the stress of the week. I’m thinking that world peace would be a reality if we did this every weekend, followed up by a cold beer and a hug. 

Check to see if there is a pillow fight in your area at 
www.pillowfightday.com, or make one of your own!


2. The un-road trip.  Going across the country without a car.

3. Rube Goldberg that I hope my students never see.  Love the pi poster though!

1 comment:

Bec said...

Dude - soooo windy! I cannot even imagine being on a bike for the past few days - you are strong!

After the week I just had, I am ready for some serious ceiling staring....and that's all I want out of the next two days!