Sunday, August 19, 2007

Zazie

So, one of the original intentions of this blog was to inform you all about life on the west coast and to try to convince you to come visit. Mahoney has already been here...where are the rest of you? Anyway, I forgot to mention my great dinner on Thursday night (camera ran out of batteries and sometimes without pictures, I forget to post) and since I can't sleep, I'll fill you in.

I went out with some new school friends to Zazie, a french bistro in Cole Valley (at Carl and Cole). After lots of hemming and hawing we decided to go to Zazie after hearing that it does an awesome brunch on the weekends. The thought being that the dinner would probably be decent. We waited for a very long time. It was supposed to be 20-30 minutes and it was over an hour as I recall, but Finnegan's Wake next door kept people well beveraged. Zazie does a prix fixe dinner for $21.5o which includes a certain subset of their menu. I got a great spinach salad with gorgonzola and carmalized walnuts. My main was a perfectly cooked fetuccine with summer vegetables and dessert was a strawberry rhubarb crisp, which was good, but no SpecialTeas crisp. I also had the first glass of wine that I've ever ordered and paid for at a restaurant...a quite good Russian River Chardonnay I believe.

It looks like their menu changes often, as the online menu is different than what we had. There were 5 of us from school plus two significant others and it was a great time. And I loved that we went from being totally indecisive about dinner to having a big night out and my best meal on the west coast. I highly recommend this place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BTW, this IS the best place I've ever eaten for brunch in the city. And Firefly is the best dinner. Mmmmm... Studs, we should cash in one of your friend coupons here, eh?