Sunday, August 26, 2007

Chowdah!


After looking up what a chowder really is (and learning it has to do mostly with the pot it's cooked in), we agreed this could really be called a Chowder Party (despite no rendered pork or dairy). There were about 13 of us at the house for some food and fun. I'll walk you through it. Started at 6pm but my linear model tells me (and it was correct tonight) that the first person usually shows up a half hour after start time and many people are there an hour after start time. Bec, Adam, and Dorian don't count, as they were helping set up. The first picture is a shot of us "looking like we're having fun," which is a classic Rebecca picture to take. I found some cute little chilis at the farmer's market that I really liked as center pieces. Bryan was the first to arrive. It was mostly my co-workers, but we did our best to talk about non-teacher stuff. It's so hard though!


Adam and Dorian ready to forge!


A (dark) picture of cute Sarah and Jim!


Angela, second from the right, is boasting about how she plans to have 5 bowls of chowder! Most people don't seem to believe her.


Jen is pumped. Brian...shocked and awed!


More Jen, this time loving the desserts. JPa's "reindeer droppings," No Pudge brownies (the best in a box), and Bec's key lime squares recipe. Mmmmmm


The outdoor couch reaches capacity. Dorian, Marge, Lindsay (all the way from Belgium for the chowder...what now Ritz?), Adam, and Bec. I don't know if Lindsay knew she was the filling for the engaged people bread.


And this is how the night ended. This is the closest I'll get to internet dating. I'll let you know if I get any (offers, that is).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adam was clearly having the most fun in the "Look like you're having fun" picture :)

Oh, and... does everyone know how many glasses of wine you had, missy?

JPH said...

This looks like so much fun! I can't believe you made the "droppings"... (I'm struggling to spell the animal name and don't want to embarass myself)

Miss you!
JPA