Monday, August 13, 2007

This Is What My Heaven Would Look Like



Scenes from one of three farmers markets I went to this weekend. There was one in downtown Palo Alto on Saturday, one in Menlo Park on Sunday and one on California Ave in Palo Alto on Sunday as well. There are more in other towns too...I just tried to stick to what was really local. Some highlights: made Pat's amazing summer squash and tomato soup with all ingredients coming from within 100 miles of my house, a wonderful mother and daughter sold me most of the ingredients for the soup from their farm (PA market), some yummy varieties of stone fruits (peaches, plums, etc), my first experience with tomatillos (jury's still out), and revisiting my favorite nut guy (MP market)...he has amazing cinnamon almonds which are so addictive and dried slab apricots which are so juicy and flavorful. It's nice to be back here.

2 comments:

Ali said...

The peppers would make a great stamp!

maura said...

I thought the same thing Ali and ordered some!