Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Why Everyone Should Learn To Write A Proper Letter

There is so much out there on the Internet that is amazing and wonderful and true.  I love the blog “Letters of Note,” and I hope you have time to check out a letter posted there, penned by Clint Eastwood.  Dare I say, it is majestic in its prose.  Reading the letter made me desire a few things for my students: that their penmanship is legible and that they know how to write politely.

In an age when no one writes letters anymore, I think a personal letter will carry more and more weight.  Or maybe I just hope it will.  As much as I love the Internet for all it puts out there for us to learn and read and comment on, I wouldn’t mind retreating into the woods, with pen and paper in hand, left to just write.

The theme of my recent posts – I need a technology vacation.

No comments: