Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Stats Love

Dear Statistics,

I just wanted to write to tell you how great I think you are.  You make me sharper and more thoughtful about the world.  You challenge me but also make me feel smart.

And never mind all the math teachers we’ve been interviewing and how they all say, “No offense to anyone here, but I’ve never really liked Stats.”  They don’t know you like I know you (although I can’t complain about the major job security, I guess).  But seriously, what’s up with those people?  Most of the world hates on math and then math teachers hate on you.  I’ll defend you forever.

Love,
me

1 comment:

Ali said...

I bet you 2 to 1 that Pasquale would love that letter. (Was that a stat I used? I wouldn't know. We are not really on speaking terms right now.)

Can't we get that guy on facebook or something? I loved his stats class...and the days we had a split period where we would go to lunch, and talk about the test we were currently taking. (who thought giving "quests" during a split period was a good idea?) I specifically remember Joe Condon not abiding by the honor code terribly well. I wonder if he is on facebook, too.

Love you my go to mathlete.