Sunday, March 21, 2010

Endorsements

1. Fug Madness.  I’ll say it again.  Thank goodness for more daylight at the end of the day.  I’m spending way too much time in my office with my colleagues trying to decide how to vote.

2. Interesting Letterhead – I want my own letterhead.  Like this one.  Maybe that’s what I should ask my artist student to design for me. 

3. Great Op-Ed about how no one responds to RSVP requests.  I love the suggestion to have it be RVOM - Répondez Vite — ou Mourez.

4. Paying off loans – This spring, I am no longer in debt to the man.  Granted, I owe my mom some school loan money, but my $22K loan from grad school is officially paid off at the end of this month and my car will be mine and only mine this May.  Holy cow!  I can’t wait to save all that extra money I’m going to have –slash- celebrate my 30th birthday with it.

5. The underdogs.  Always my favorite during post-season time.  I’m loving March Madness – Northern Iowa, Cornell, Washington, and St. Mary’s.

6. ChatRoulette Piano Improv.  Love it!  And yes, it is worth 5 minutes of your life.  And Ben Folds did a great response to this, live in concert.

7. Teaching, in any form.

 

8. Fixie Crew!  Friday was the first meeting of the Fixie Crew – a band of teachers and students alike, most of them on fixed gear bikes, who love riding bikes.  And they taught me how to skid.  It was so much fun.

 

Hope you enjoyed the weekend wherever you are.

1 comment:

Bec said...

CONGRATS on paying off your loans!!! YIPPY!!!!!