Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring Ahead, Stay Ahead

I went to college with a guy named Osama.  He was a generally positive and upbeat guy.  He was the first baseman on the baseball team and talked everyone through the game.  My favorite thing he would say (which I know many players say, but you have to know how much this guy said during each game to fully grasp this) was “get ahead, stay ahead.”  That was to the pitcher after they threw a strike.  They were ahead (closer to an out than the batter to a walk) and I loved Osama’s encouragement.

In other things I like…

There’s a blog I love called “I’m Bringing Blogging Back.”  The guy who writes it single-handedly keeps me watching The Hills.  I don’t know whether to love him or hate him.  Well…I love him because he is so darn funny.  I am crying right now because I was just laughing so hard.  At what?  His “Am I Wrong” posts.  Here’s a relevant example.

But first: I hate the r-word.  In fact, I kicked a kid out of class today for using it and was so mad I could hardly speak to him in the hallway.  I hate when smart kids use that word.  They have no idea what the world is like for other people.  So, I apologize for that word here.  Deeply, truly.  But, I am not one to edit the genius.

I love people who have no clue what to do when it comes to Daylight Savings Time. You would think this is the first time they’ve ever had to change their clocks back an hour. Clearly it must be the end of the world. Then you always get that smart ass that says things like “It’s 10:00, but it’s really like it’s 11:00.” Yup, it is….except that it isn’t. That’s like saying “It’s Monday, but it’s really like it’s Sunday.” Yeah, it is…if it was yesterday. However my absolute favorite is the people who end up late to work on Monday after Daylight Savings Time. Are you kidding? You’re late? You know you had to turn your clocks back on Sunday at 2am? So basically you went ALL of Sunday “forgetting” to change your clock back? Your cell phone didn’t update itself to tip you off? You didn’t notice all day that everything you wanted to watch on TV you missed? Oh, did you miss the sun going down an hour early? Really? All those clues you didn’t pick up on? Yeah, you should be late to work. Oh, you’re also retarded. Am I wrong?

Read more Am I Wrong? to get you through the day.

1 comment:

IBBB said...

Hi there - thanks for the shout out (as "the kids" say) on your blog about "Am I Wrong?"

In terms of the "r" word. Yeah, very dumb. For what it's worth I haven't used/written that word in probably over a year. I thought about going back to edit them all out, but I own it...and learned from it.

Thanks again!
-IBBB