Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ooohhh…Kosher Kitchen

When people find out that I keep Kosher, they always ask if I have two dishwashers.  I don’t.  Nor do I have two sets of dishes or the like.  As someone with housemates, I don’t think I could impose my dietary rules on them.

But, after seeing this on Kitchn, maybe one day I’ll have a Kosher kitchen.  I have always admired PLB’s Fisher and Paykel DishDrawers and only now do I see that they are the perfect thing for a kosher kitchen.  Who knows if I’d ever go all out and do the whole double kitchen thing and have something like a warming drawer (so you don’t have to turn the oven on during Shabbos), but it all goes together so nicely in this kitchen.

1 comment:

Kate said...

this post made me smile because lately i have been fantasizing about my own dream kitchen that i want to have someday, and an awesome dishwasher is definitely on the list! (i think it's partly because i dislike the kitchen in our current apartment, plus my parents are renovating their house right now and it's fun to watch them start from scratch.) we love to cook and it makes such a difference to have a kitchen you love. i found this post recently that talks about designing "green" kitchens... the renest website is great for decorating and home design stuff, and it inspires me to think about what i'd like someday!

http://www.re-nest.com/re-nest/green-architect/tips-to-make-your-kitchen-more-ecofriendly-green-architect-112078

hope you are having a great day!