Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Bike Day!

The curse of my birthday is that no one is ever around. So, I'm spending my day just reading, listening to my beloved podcasts, and doing my favorite things on my bike. First, I went to Who Fo. Yippee!

Here's the first bike I saw:

The owner of this bike is clearly awesome. When I took this picture, the owner of the two dogs tied to the post (you can't see them) thought I was taking a picture of her dogs. I didn't have the heart to tell her I'm a Corgi fan, not a Sheltie fan, and her dogs are of no interest to me.



Cool bike #2! This folding bike is so cute (not sure why it's folded like this right outside of Peet's), but check out that Brooks saddle and mudflaps. It's too cute.



And here's documentation of me as a, now, 29 year old. Sam has been requesting pictures of me with my bike. It took a few tries to get this shot. Like I said, no one's around, which means no one can take my pictures for me, so pardon my posture as I was rushing to get in the frame. Check out my new Morning Rush cup holder and cup on the handlebars. No more trying to hold on to my iced tea and use my brakes at the same time. It's right next to my american flag bell. And I learned that you can ride your bike and listen to an iPod if you wear only one earphone. So, that's how I roll now.

I've decided that my birthday would not be complete without a meal at Borrone's...my favorite restaurant on this coast. I think I'll get a bite to eat and catch a flick, perhaps. But where are all the summer blockbusters that usually come out at this time of year?

While I usually wish I didn't have a Facebook account, there's nothing better than getting a bunch of birthday wishes from long lost friends and students. And thanks to Ali, who told me she had been asking Sarah Palin to resign as a b-day present for me. I just wish that SP would go quietly into the background. I fear that she will not.

No comments: