Thursday, July 30, 2009

What To Think

Someone who I see frequently, but not in a while, recently saw me and told me I looked great and asked if I lost weight. I told her that maybe it's three pounds, but I really haven't. I don't think I look any differently these days. She insisted that I must have.

What should I think of this? What must I have looked like the last time she saw me? Maybe she's getting bigger and I look smaller in comparison?

Then I saw her a few days later and she said the same thing to someone else. Maybe she's just trying to be nice.

Oh man...at least no one's asking me if I'm pregnant.

2 comments:

Bec said...

Sometimes a change in mood, a tan, a new haircut, etc. simply makes you look different in your skin. It's a compliment - and looked fabulous last time she saw you... now, you're glowing :)

Ali said...

Well, you always look fabu...for real. It reminds me of when people say either 1) You look really tired (and you feel the most rested you have ever felt in weeks), or 2) You look a lot better today than you did yesterday. People can be so presumptious.

I love that you heard her say it to someone else as well...maybe she is just fishing for the return compliment.

But Bec is right--a compliment IS a compliment...and that certainly was one!