Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Like I'm Ten

I got an email from my friend Amy. She sent a 1977 article from Running Times giving advice and tips for female runners (meanwhile, I believe my mom was kicking butt all over New England in her running shoes...I wonder if she read this...ma?). My favorite of the twenty-four suggestions was number 8:
Do not scamper like a dignified lady trying to catch a bus. Run like the ten-year-old you used to be, with knees bent kicking backward, and arms pumping from relaxed shoulders.

I don't know if I'm back to regular training yet, but I did run five miles this morning like I was ten. It was just fun the entire time. Somehow, I sprang out of bed at 6am with a smile on my vace and hit the roads, Ira Glass in my ear.

I don't have a "Run Happy" sticker on my car just for looks, you know.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm anxious to hear if you mom read it! (i'm not really sure if it was even real...i mean, i did get it from a reliable friend, but you know how forwards can be!)