Thursday, April 17, 2008

Do I Dare?

September 27, 2007
Something today made me think about the TS Eliot poem "The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock." I read it in 10th grade and my teacher helped me appreciate it so much. Today I thought about this part: "And indeed there will be time/To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?"/.../Do I dare/Disturb the universe?/In a minute there is time/For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse."
I love the idea of disturbing the universe...doing things to mix it up a bit.

April 17, 2008
So what are you doing to disturb the universe? I think I am doing it in my teaching, a bit in my running, in keeping USPS going to some extent, and what I try to do for the environment. I'm still trying to think of more ways in which I can disturb the universe though.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Timely post - i heard on NPR this day that Edward Lorenz, the meteorologist who developed chaos theory, died today (4/17).
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89732493