Monday, April 21, 2008

Best Monday of the Year

Today is a tough day for me to be in California. In fact, this whole weekend, I have been aching for Boston. Passover was Saturday night, Olympic Trials for the Marathon was along the Charles on Sunday morning, and of course, the Boston Marathon happens every Patriots Day.

My student teacher was so wonderful to let me take off the morning periods so I could sit and watch the live coverage (Versus by way of wcsn.com). It was awesome. I sat in the faculty room with all my internet windows: men's commentary, women's commentary, video, and tracking my four favorite runners today (Lance, Eric, Hess, and JPa). And I had Karl on the line giving me details from the course. I was tracking Hess Express online and was able to tell him when to expect her...he yelled, "Go Erin! Maura says hi!" I guess she smiled, so she must have heard.

I'm glad today was not "no computer day." I am happy for all the technology that kept Karl and me clued in to the race. Happy Passover to all TCP (including my rabbi who was quoted in the NYT for his intent to "carbo-load on matzah.")

No comments: