Sunday, September 2, 2007

Bob Dylan Was Here!!!



On a recommendation, I went to City Lights Bookstore in SF. They are open 10am-midnight everyday and just a really fun bookstore to browse. I loved that there were signs everywhere that said, "Sit down and read." For some reason, I can't find my copy of "Blue Highways," so I bought one so I could look up my favorite passage on page 215. "The annals of self discovery are full of errors that opened new worlds. Bell was working on an apparatus to aid the deaf when he invented the telephone; Edison was tinkering with the telephone when he invented the phonograph. If a man can keep alert and imaginative, an error is a possibility, a chance at something new; to him, wandering and wondering are part of the same process, and he is most mistaken, most in error, whenever he quits exploring." --William Least Heat-Moon

No comments: