Sunday, September 9, 2007

1, 2, 3, Point Stanford!



There are a lot of reasons why living in San Francisco would be cool, such as being 30 miles closer to Tahoe, but for me, there's not too much that's better than being 5 minutes from my favorite sports teams (behind the Red Sox and Blue Jays of course). The #2 Cardinal were playing in an invitational with St. Mary's (CA), Cal Poly, and #9 BYU. The Friday night game was against Cal Poly, who they beat in three games. The students aren't in school for another few weeks which means the volleyball games are pretty tame, except for the hundreds of middle-school aged girls, but most of the band was there, celebrating the win with the victory song, "All Right Now." I have yet to see The Tree (Stanford's mascot) at a sporting event...I am eagerly awaiting my first glimpse of what the costume looks like this year. The volleyball team is 7-0 right now and they should be able to keep up their winning streak, at least until they meet USC at the end of the month, a game that will certainly go to five games. The anticipation is too much for me! In other news, the Hopkins field hockey team is 3-0 and I'm confused why there was no coach's poll last Tuesday, bumping them up from #17.

No comments: