Wednesday, July 18, 2007

This Is Not a Plastic Bag But It's In One

 
This bag has created quite the stir. About a month ago, when I was flying to Florida, I saw this bag on the arm of some trendy celebrities in a magazine. I immediately looked it up and it was available on the website. I didn't want to splurge just then so I put it off. When I was ready, I went back and it was unavailable for online purchase but would be sold in limited quantities at NYC Whole Foods. Knowing that my aunt has a similar addiction to tote bags, I asked if she would be willing to stand in line for one. Lucky for me, she said yes. Here's her account: I went down to Whole Foods this morning at 6:00 am and there had been people waiting all night. By 5:00 am there was already a crowd. It was fun-especially when it started to downpour. HA! I had the girl next to me hold my place and went to buy both of us umbrellas. The time went fast and they let us in early. I was out by 7:45. Here is the irony though... As we were waiting in line, we watched all the people exiting with their new bags. They were carrying them in PLASTIC Whole Foods shopping bags!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: